Sunday, July 23, 2017

Goofin' Off With Some Sweet Treats

I have had a bit of a sweet tooth lately.  I have been trying to watch what I eat a little better, as I've got some clothes I'm going to need to fit into in a few months for a family cruise. But I love my sweets. (Deep sigh.) I'll put aside my sweet thoughts for a moment for a quick update on my projects.

I've been putting all those little pieces of fabric together and watching the sub-units of the quilt blocks begin to form. I can't wait to see how they will all look when I am finished.  I think I mentioned before, I have slightly altered a block pattern I found to create these blocks. I have not sketched out what the final block will look like. I have my fingers crossed it will look okay when it's finished.



24 Completed Sub-Units


48 Completed Sub-Units
I have one more set of 24 sub-units to put together before I begin block assembly for Chef Freddie's Favorites.  I can't wait to get this little guy's fabric worked into the blocks.  I don't know why, but this fabric reminds me a little of Kermit. I love a good Muppet movie.

Focus Fabric I Have Named Chef Freddie
Below is a quick update on my Mickey and Pirate Friends monster-sized cross stitch. The side of Goofy's head is beginning to appear.  Yay!  

Mickey and Pirate Friends Cross Stitch - 07/23/2017
And a reminder of what the finished piece will look like.


As I talked about earlier, I have had a bit of a sweet tooth...probably for the past 48 years or so. But the sweets cravings have been especially bad lately.  

Last night Mr. Goofin' Off went out with the "kids" to celebrate my nephew's last Saturday as a bachelor. They hit up Red Robin and the Spider Man movie. He bought me these little babies so I wouldn't feel left out. Mr. Goofin' Off is really thoughtful that way. 

My Current Sweet Tooth Downfall - Lava Cakes

These lava cakes are rich.  I love how they just melt in my mouth with all of their chocolaty gooey-ness.  Fortunately, there are only two in a box, so once they are gone, they are gone.  I lost a couple of pounds the past few weeks, so I don't want to undo what I've accomplished.  These were not my only sweet tooth purchase this week...just the only edible one...that I am admitting to.

I saw a blog post earlier this week from a fellow blogger who had recently purchased a British cross stitch magazine with some adorable sweet treat patterns in it.  I hurried over to JoAnn's to see if they had the issue, so I could add it to my stash. The gal was putting out new issues of magazines when I came in. She asked what I was looking for, so I told her. She said she had a few issues but hadn't put them out yet.

She grabbed the latest issue of Cross Stitch Crazy and handed it to me. I gladly took the magazine from her hand, glanced at the cover, and finished my shopping at JoAnn's.  When I got home and took the magazine out, I realized it wasn't the one I had wanted.  But it did have the patterns for these little sweeties.  


I think they will make adorable little quilt block centers all stitched up. Oh, the ideas are flowing.  If only I had the time to do all the projects I have in my head.

Why do I feel like I need to go run five miles just for looking at these sweeties?  (Or maybe it's because I had a lava cake last night.)

What is your current craving right now...whether it be food, stash, TV show binge...? I'd love to hear from you. 

Linking up with:  

32 comments:

  1. Nice progress on the quilt and Mickey. I have been watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Linda! I can't quite convince my hubby to watch the Hallmark Christmas in July movies. As a bit of side trivia, my cousin was in a Hallmark Christmas movie a few years back called "The Christmas Card". I love it when that particular one comes on. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  2. That cross stitch picture is going to be huge! This little pictures would be nice on a pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! Yes, the cross stitch picture will be poster-sized when it is completed...in ??? years from now. You're right. The little pictures would be nice on a pincushion. So many great ideas for little stitches. Happy sewing! --Andrea

      Delete
  3. My goodness! A poster sized cross stitch? Aren't you ambitious! I used to crave sweets but now that I'm waaaaay older I seem to crave salty stuff. I've eaten and stitched a lot of sweets in my time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Cathy! Yes, a poster-sized cross stitch is ambitious. My last cross stitch finish was approximately 12" x 18", so it was a good warm-up piece to this one. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  4. Talk about a long term project! That Disney cross-stitch will keep you busy a good long time! (I used to do a lot of cross-stitch, but haven't played with it in years. But I never tried anything of that kind of scope!)
    And mmmm... lava cakes...
    (sorry...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayle, Thanks for dropping by. Aren't lava cakes the best--especially if you're a chocoholic like me. The Disney cross still should keep me busy for a few years. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  5. That is an enormous cross stitch project! Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Kathy! Yes, the cross stitch project is enormous. It should keep me out of trouble for a little while. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  6. These new quilt blocks look very promising already. I'm very curious to see how they will go together.
    Nice progress on your stitching project.
    Lava Cakes are so so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigitte, Thanks for dropping by! Yes, lava cakes are soooo delicious. They are my downfall at the moment. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  7. I love the fabrics in those little green and blue blocks. I can see the progress in your cross-stitch. I too have a sweet tooth. I am trying to lose some weight this summer, but with my son periodically visiting it has been difficult. I have more ideas, magazines and kits than I will ever be able to finish. Not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Cathie! Truly, there is never enough time to finish all of the projects I've got in my head and kitted up. I just try to take advantage of time whenever I can squeeze it in. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  8. Good progress on your units and sub units Andrea, it's always exciting seeing a project grow! The cross stitch looks huge but it sounds like you are committed! Enjoy your sweet treats :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by, Raewyn. I love projects of all different sizes. I try not to be too scared off by something large. As for enjoying my sweets, I think I enjoy them a little too much...at least that's what my waistline says. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  9. I prefer salty to sweet, but I wouldn't say no to a piece of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! Nice progress on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, A piece of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting sounds just heavenly at the moment. Thanks for dropping in! --Andrea

      Delete
  10. Oh I love your Disney piece. Now I see what you are working on. Beautiful progress. Keep it up!! I love sweets too unfortunately haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Katie! I love sweets much more than they love me...or at least my waistline. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  11. It's nice to see some progress on the giant Disney chart. I love how all these full coverage pieces start out as a black blob! At least the picture is now appearing.
    The lava cakes look delicious, much nicer than laverbread which is a Welsh "delicacy", try guess what it is and then look it up on Google!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Jo. I agree that it is helpful to see the "big picture" of these large cross stitch charts. I feel like I am slowly making progress. It's much more than it looks like. I'll be Googling "laverbread" shortly...ooh, I just looked it up. Um, I'll stick to my lava cakes for now. I'm not a very adventurous eater. Thank you for sharing. It gave me a nice chuckle. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  12. Your cross stitch is going to be an amazing crazy amount of work. It will be wonderful though!

    I too want to lose weight but decided to give up for the summer. I am a teacher during the rest of the year and it is easier to conrol what I east when I am away from home. I think about food all day when I am home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And because I work from home, therein lies a big chunk of my problem...I am way too close to any sweets located in the house. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  13. I have always had a weakness for sweets... particularly chocolates. I would have fought you for those lava cakes. Mickey and friends is going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennie, Those lava cakes are quite delectable. It's a good thing they aren't very large. And now that they're gone, they're gone...until I buy some more. LOL Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  14. Thank you for dropping by my blog. Just came to yours and love your work that I have been seeing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by, Lana! Hope you come back again. I enjoy making new blogging friends. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  15. Wow! That is going to be amazing and you are making great progress. I have a huge sweet tooth too but I am at an age (48) where I am trying to be better about sugar since my father has diabetes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, Thanks for dropping by. I am at the same age you are. I am also trying to be better about both sugar and carbs. But, sometimes, I just can't help myself. Have a great day! --Andrea

      Delete
  16. Great progress on the cross stitch. It's going to be amazing! Enjoy the lava cakes! Yumm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by! The lava cakes were yummy and provided me with the energy to keep working on my stitching and quilting...at least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Have a great weekend! --Andrea

      Delete

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.