Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Goofin' Off With Friends and Toy Story

I had a fantastic weekend this past weekend. As I have been working on my newest project of three Toy Story-themed quilts, I have been pondering a lot the theme of the Toy Story movies...which is one of friendship. Blogging has brought so many new and wonderful friends into my life and enriched it. As we share tips, tutorials, recipes, patterns, and stories about our families with each other I find myself among a very supportive group. Thank you for that, my friends!

Block A Finishes

On Saturday, I finished the first set of blocks for the first Toy Story quilt.  How can you not smile seeing Woody's happy face smiling up at you?

Block B Finishes

Sunday afternoon I finished up the second set of blocks. I hadn't expected to get them all done, so I was happily surprised when I put those last triangles on the corners. Now I just need to trim them all up. The pattern I am using for this quilt comes from the book Modern View 3-Yard Quilts by Donna Robertson. The Woody Toy Story fabric is from Camelot Fabrics.

I got a small section started on my page 2 of Mickey and Pirate Friends cross stitch picture. It felt quite good to actually be starting a new page on this piece...even if it will take years to complete it. 

Mickey and Pirate Friends as of 09/26/2017

Sunday morning, I woke up to an email from Chooky over at chookyblue.blogspot.com. When I opened it, she had said she had seen something in a window display, thought of me, and took a picture of it. Here is the picture she shared with me. 

Chooky Thought of Me When She Saw This! Happy me!

I am so tickled that she saw Disney and thought of me. We are on opposite sides of the world. It is only through the blogging world that we have even met. It was one of several reminders this past week of how much my blogging friends have become a part of my life. I wonder how they are doing if they are feeling ill. I wonder if that granddaughter they've been waiting for has been born yet. I look forward to seeing their vacation pictures and project updates. Online friends are every bit as special as any other friends I have.

Mr. Goofin' Off and I decided to head out to brunch later on Sunday morning. It was a gorgeous morning, so we chose a place right on the water. Mr. Goofin' Off encouraged me to have a hot chocolate with my brunch. It was perfect for a fall morning. Mmm...rich, chocolatey goodness. 

Rich, Delicious Hot Chocolate with Brunch

After we stuffed ourselves with brunch, we headed out for a nice walk along the beach. The sun was out shining, boats were out fishing, families were out walking and playing together. I didn't want to leave and came home the most relaxed I've been in a while.

Walking Down at Edmonds Beach

A quote about friendship:

"Friendship...is born at the moment when one man says to another, 'What! You too? I thought that no one but myself...'"
--C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

Have your online friends left an impact on your life? I'd love to hear your experiences.

Linking Up With - Take a Peek at These Linky Parties for More Crafting Eye Candy:
Fiber Tuesday
To-Do Tuesday
Too Cute Tuesday
Midweek Makers
Let's Bee Social
WIP Wednesday
Needle and Thread Thursday

35 comments:

  1. Hi,
    You are getting pretty far on Goofy - you can easily identify who he is! That hot chocolate looks absolutely yummy. If we would only cool off here to be able to enjoy that - it's been in the 90s but I know normal fall weather is just around the corner. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roseanne, Last week was pretty cool, but things are warming up again around here. It's supposed to be in the mid-80s on Thursday. It will probably be a few weeks before I make hot chocolate at home. Thank you for dropping by and leaving me a note. Andrea

      Delete
  2. I so love Goofy Andrea and wish I could have found the pattern. Your quilt squares are adorable.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I continue to check Etsy every time I am on there for you. Hope one day it pops up again. If it does, I'll let you know. Thanks for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete
  3. Your quilt blocks look great. Great new page start on your stitching. Online friends are amazing. I've met so many through the blog world. I agree. I always think about my friends too. Wonder what they are stitching. I've been so busy I keep getting behind and I really miss reading about everyone. At least now I caught up with your blog haha. Off to read more about my other friends now. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way. I get behind on reading for a week or so and then do a lot of catching up. I love working with this Toy Story fabric. Having Woody smiling at me makes me cheerful every time I sit down with this quilt. Have a great day! Andrea

      Delete
  4. Yay Goofy is appearing! My virtual friends are very important to me. I've been lucky to meet some of them in real life too and am in fact spending the weekend with one of them this week - just stitching and chatting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That sounds like so much fun...stitching and chatting. Have a great weekend! Andrea

      Delete
  5. Oh I love your Goofy stitching!!!
    I think I will fall for your Toy Story quilts too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing Goofy look at me every time I get it out to stitch on. And the Toy Story quilt is equally enjoyable to be working on. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a note. Happy stitching! Andrea

      Delete
  6. The squares look great Andrea and I simply love Goofy!

    As for me, I have met many of my online friends over the years> I too am thankful for each and everyone of my online line friends and it does feel like you actually know so many of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments. I love the projects I'm working on at the moment. I agree that often we find we "know" our online friends just as well as our offline friends. Thanks for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete
  7. Wow! Great progress on Goofy, Andrea--it's so much fun to watch him grow :)

    Edmunds Beach looks like a fabulous place to relax!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! I am having so much fun with Goofy. I can't wait to add some of his pirate pals to the stitched piece. Thanks for dropping by and leaving me a note! Andrea

      Delete
  8. Toy Story is one of my favorites - can't wait to see what you make of Woody! Thank you for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Susan! This Toy Story quilt is coming along quickly, and I am really enjoying making it. Happy sewing! Andrea

      Delete
  9. the Toy story quilts will be so cute. Great start on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Heather. The Toy Story quilt has been a so much fun to work on.

      Delete
  10. Great job getting those blocks finished up. Is it now, on to the quilt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, I just finished up two more block sets, so I'll post those in the next few days and then start assembling the center of the quilt. Thanks for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete
  11. Im so pleased you liked the pic........but as soon as I saw it I thought of you.......it is a pretty one.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really made my day to get the picture! And, yes, it's definitely beautiful...and so me. So thankful for online friends.

      Delete
  12. wow i am loving how Goofy is coming along so much fun watching him grow,love the toy story blocks,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am having so much fun with my Goofy and Toy Story projects.

      Delete
  13. Great projects! Online friends can be so wonderful, especially if, like me, there's no one in real life who gets your love of quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Leanne. I am lucky that I have a few friends that enjoy quilting. Unfortunately, they don't enjoy my affinity for Disney projects. LOL Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note! Andrea

      Delete
  14. I love the brown and blue with the Woody fabric - it all looks so cowboy-y!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It does look cowboy-y. The farther along I get, the more I love it. Thanks for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete
  15. Your quilts are so inspiring to me!! I can not wait to post pictures of the ones we are learning to make!! I love the I speak Disney ... so many people just dont understand our love of Disney!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beckie, It is kind of funny how us Disney people have our own language. I look forward to seeing your pictures! Thanks for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete
  16. Just LOVE your Toy Story blocks! Can't wait to see the finished quilt :-) Lovely to see Goofy is growing well too! You live in a beautiful part of the country thanks for sharing your ocean walk. Yes, the bloggy world is awesome for linking us with folks who fit that CS Lewis quote! I am lucky to have some great online friends as being way up here in the less populated Highlands there's even less likelyhood of finding folks in real life who share my crafting passions lol Have a wonderful week!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, We do live in a great area of the country...love being close to the ocean and mountains. And I truly love my bloggy friends. Thank you for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete
  17. The Toy Story quilt is going to be so much fun. Goofy is watching you carefully now!
    I love my blogging friends. I celebrated my big 0 Birthday last year with them and it was so much fun.
    I am making some crafty friends in my town right now but none of them are obsessed with cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, It seems to be more difficult to find people who enjoy the same hobbies that we do. My nieces have been wanting to do some craft nights, so we may start doing them again. Thanks for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.