Friday, August 12, 2022

Goofin' Off and Cruising Thru 2022

 I am always surprised how long it's been between blog posts...but I really enjoy being here and sharing with my blogging friends that I always come back!  


It's been a great year so far with little complaints.  And can I just say that this year has become the year of cruising for the Goofin' Off family.  It was totally unplanned, with some cruises come in at a very inexpensive price...including one completely free courtesy of Royal Caribbean which even included gratuities and taxes and port fees and well, pretty much everything!  Let's just say that even though I am officially no longer selling travel, somehow I ended up on their short list for a return to service cruise for their cruise ship Ovation of the Seas.  It was only at 13 percent capacity, and we felt we had the ship to ourselves.  

We're two cruises down and have two more to go this year.  


Mr. Goofin' Off Getting Ready to Board Our Free Cruise in February


Mr. Goofin' Off With Our Caribbean Cruise in May

We feel so lucky and blessed to be able to do this.  I got a great deal on a cruise to Alaska in the off-season for a trip with my little sister...and then in October we're cruising to Prince Edward Island to take my mother-in-law to the only bucket list item she has ever shared with us...to visit the home of Anne of Green Gables.  

I'll let you in on a secret here:  It's been on my bucket list too, but I don't think I could have ever talked Mr. Goofin' Off into going with me.  But since this is the trip of a lifetime for my mother-in-law, he agreed.  Actually, all of his siblings are coming, too!  We're looking forward to making memories of a lifetime with the family.  

There is so much to share, but I know what you all really came for are the updates to the projects I've been working on.  I started a new job in October and have been busy getting settled in and learning so much.  It hasn't left me with a lot of time to work on projects, but I do have some updates for you.  

Mickey and Pirate Friends Update 08/12/2022

Mickey and Pirate Friends Latest Picture 08/12/2022

This is the most recent picture I have of Mickey and Pirate Friends.  I have actually done quite a bit more, but I'll save that picture for another post...because progress just doesn't seem to come as quickly as I'd like with my new job taking up so much time.  

But I am working on cutting out some things (like news, TV and social media) to give myself more stitching and sewing time.  It seems to be working...which is why I'm back.  I'm finding with cutting out news, social media, and down to 1 hour max of TV time a day (although some days it's none at all), I am so much more relaxed and happier now...but I have missed my blogging friends.  

Latest Quilt - Fishing Blocks

Fish Quilt - Assembled Blocks

This spring I have been doing some volunteering with Make a Wish Foundation.  When the gal I've been working with dropped by my house one afternoon, she saw some of my quilts and fell in love with them.  I figured it was time to get the sewing machine back out again and use up some of these fabrics I've been stashing and use them up.  So here is my latest...

She also asked about possibly making some quilts for Make a Wish kids that are themed to their wishes.  I am so slow at getting projects finished.  She said not to worry because 80 percent of the kids want Disney-related wishes...so pretty much anything I do that uses Disney fabrics would easily find a home.  What do you think?  Does this sound like me?  LOL

Well, I hope you all are having a great summer.  I know the Goofin' Off family is, and we're not taking it for granted either as we know that life can throw you a curve ball at any time.   

Have a magical day!  

Andrea



1 comment:

  1. Always good to see a post! Those cruise ships really are massive when you see them close up!
    Great idea to make the quilts too. If you make generic Disney ones there's less time pressure which means more fun!

    ReplyDelete

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.