Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Goofin' Off and Wondering Where Did October Go?

I can't believe we're closing in on the end of October already. The Goofin' Offs have been having a great month and staying busy. It has definitely cut into my project time, but that's life I suppose.

Thanks to all of those who wished me well on my last post about an exciting possibility for me. I have had several magical opportunities present themselves lately. But the one I am most excited about...well, I got a call and have made it to the next level of interview. I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that it all goes well.

I have not had as much time to sew lately, but I have managed to get the first two sets of borders on the Woody/Toy Story Quilt.

Woody/Toy Story Quilt With First Set of Borders

Woody/Toy Story Quilt With Second Set of Borders

The colors are coming together so well. It's such fun fabric to be working with. I love all the new Disney fabric lines that Camelot Fabrics has been coming out with lately...so many fabrics, so little time.

I managed to get another section completed on the Mickey and Pirate friends cross stitch. 

Mickey and Pirate Friends Cross Stitch as of 10/25/2017

Looking at Goofy's bright eyes never, ever, ever gets old.

Mr. Goofin' Off and I haven't had a chance to carve pumpkins yet. I was thinking about this the other day and looking up some fun designs on Pinterest. There are so many cool designs. But I found some really fantastic Disney designs with carving templates right on Disney's family.disney.com website.

Check out this Goofy pumpkin!

Image Credit:  Family.Disney.Com

Hope I can talk Mr. Goofin' off into carving this one.

It reminds me of the pumpkins we saw at Disneyland a few weeks ago. Oh, how I miss my Disney right now. So let me share a few more pictures of the Disneyland pumpkins.

Donald Pumpkin Greeting Guests at Disneyland

Minnie and Pluto Pumpkins Greeting Guests at Disneyland

Mickey Pumpkin Greeting Guests at Disneyland

Thanks again for letting me indulge myself with my Disney goofiness.  Are you carving pumpkins this year? If so, what will your pumpkin look like? I'd love to know in the comments. I'd enjoy some pumpkin-carving inspiration.

Have a magical day, my friends!

For more stitching, quilting, and crafting inspiration, I'm linking up to:
Needle and Thread Thursday

26 comments:

  1. Well you have made great progress on the quilt and the cross stitch (I love it!), they are coming along nicely!
    Check out that Goofy pumpkin, yes Mr Goofin' off must carve that one... and we want to see pictures too :)
    My pumpkin carving is sadly more of the traditional style with typical Jack'O Lantern look, and that's hard enough as it is :D
    Great new on the job front for passing through to the next level. I do hope you get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree that Mr. Goofin' Off should carve the Goofy pumpkin. It is definitely appropriate for us. My pumpkin carving has been more the traditional Jack-O-Lantern style, too. It's what I grew up with. I do have some extended family members whose pumpkins are quite elaborate...and I'm feeling a bit of pressure to at least give it a try. Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving me a note! Andrea

      Delete
  2. Oh those pumpkins are so adorable, sending positive wishes and thoughts your way for that opportunity to come your way. good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, Thanks a million! Those positive wishes must have worked. I got the offer and signed the paperwork yesterday afternoon. Pretty excited...even if it means it will cut into my stitching and quilting time. Thanks for dropping by and leaving me a note! Andrea

      Delete
  3. You're getting close on the Toy Story quilt. And love seeing the progress on your cross stitch. Best wishes on your dream job. We're not carving a pumpkin this year, but when we did in the past, we carved a cross on ours and called it a Christian pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the wishes. Love the idea of how you carved your pumpkin. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note!

      Delete
  4. We decorate our pumpkins instead of carving them. Then they last longer. I love the goofy one you found though. Good luck with them. Beautiful progress on your projects. I agree. I love those eyes. He's begging you to make more progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right that the painted pumpkins last longer. We haven't carved in years. But I love roasted pumpkin seeds, so that's as good as any to go ahead and carve. Right? LOL Thanks for the note! Andrea

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty quilt. You are doing a wonderful job. I love the Disney pumpkins...the carving is fabulous. We haven't carved in years either...but always enjoyed it when our son was small. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, RJ! I guess when we become empty-nesters, some of the things that we used to do with and/or for the kids just go to the back burner. But sometimes I just want to be a kid again...and roasting the pumpkin seeds is just a bonus. LOL Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note. Andrea

      Delete
  6. Andrea everything look great!! The quilt is really coming along and I love seeing Goofy come to life in your piece! I can't wait to see the rest of the gang.

    My pumpkin carving skills are nil! Instead my grandson (with his mom's help) and my son carve our pumpkins. They will do them this weekend! Hope you get your Goofy pumpkin, it is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faith, I'm glad you love seeing Goofy come to life as much as I do. Just wish I had more hours in a day to see it come together more quickly. Now nice that your grandson will be carving your pumpkins. It sounds like a win-win. Fingers crossed I get my Goofy pumpkin. Thanks for dropping by and leaving me a note! Andrea

      Delete
  7. I confess I've never seen toy story, but I like the fabric. I especially like the blue that looks like batik. It will be a stunning quilt when you are finished.

    I love all the pumpkins you found at Disneyland, and I wish you luck if you carve one. I bought carving tools and they didn't do me much good, because I should have painted my pumpkin instead of hacking it to death (grin). If you DO carve one, I'm sure it will look better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! We don't usually do fancy pumpkins, so if we do I'm not sure it will turn out quite as good as the one in the picture. But I am willing to give it a good try. Thanks for leaving me a note! Andrea

      Delete
  8. Good luck for the job, is it Disney related? Are you going to be the new Disney Princess?
    Great work on Goofy and of course you need a Goofy pumpkin!
    We don't have pumpkins to carve but I have been stitching plenty this month instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...all good questions. The job is Disney related...sort of. No, I will not be a Disney Princess...except in my imagination. Thanks for dropping by, Jo! Enjoy all your stitching time. Andrea

      Delete
  9. Those pumpkins are adorable! We're not carving jack-o'lanterns this year, but that doesn't mean the stove won't be seeing some pumpkin spice creations... :) Great progress on your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by and leaving me a note. My stove and oven have definitely smelled a lot of pumpkin spice the past few weeks. I love the scents and colors of this time of year. Andrea

      Delete
  10. Beautiful quilt - the new Disney fabrics are so good, yet so bad!! I keep trying not to look at them! Fingers crossed for your job interview x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethan, I can't get enough of those Disney fabrics and have way too many in my fabric stash. Unfortunately, I see so many more cute fabric lines coming out in the near future. LOL Thanks for dropping by and leaving me a note! Andrea

      Delete
  11. Hope it's going well with the job for you, how exciting!
    I love the Woody quilt, it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The job is now official. I suppose I'll mention it in my next blog post. Glad you like the Woody quilt. He has been so much fun to work on. Andrea

      Delete
  12. Andrea, I just noticed the post about your job interview. How exciting!!! Something must be wrong with blogger...I had you on our sidebar and when you posted our sidebar would tell us so but it stopped doing that. I will go and add it again and see if it works this time. Glad I caught your good news though abit late. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RJ, No problem. Glad you were able to notice so you can follow along. Blogger has acted up a few times on me lately, too. Thanks for dropping by and leaving me a note! Andrea

      Delete
  13. Loving the Toy Story quilt. Quilting is something I’ve always wanted to have a go at but never got round to. And the Goofy cross stitch is looking really good as well. Looking forward to seeing more progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cath E. They are both projects that have been a ton of fun to work on. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note! Andrea

      Delete

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.