Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 Wrap Up

As I wrap up the year, I find myself feeling grateful for what has been a fantastic year.  I wish I had kept my blog up as a way to memorialize all of the things I and my family have accomplished.  In 2017, I hope to be much better about that.  I have been mulling my goals for 2017 and hope to publish some of them in the next week or so.  

Now for a few updates on some projects I've been working on.  The first is a charity quilt that just needs the binding added.  The fabrics chosen were children's prints with cute little koalas, platypus, alligators, and other animals native to Australia.  The pattern I chose was titled "Square Dance", so I gave this particular quilt the title of Aussie Square Dance.  


Next up is a quilt I am just starting out on.  I am using all scraps and stash for this one.  The only fabric with a print was on blue with lilacs, so I found coordinating scraps to work with this one.  The pattern itself is from the the October/November 2016 issue of Quick Quilts and is titled "Abacus".  This quilt will also be a charity quilt.  The name I'm giving this quilt is "Scraps of Lilac".   


The last little update I want to give is on my cross stitch project of Tinkerbell.  The photo didn't turn out as well as I had liked, so hopefully the next update will look better.  



I look forward to the upcoming New Year's holiday and setting out my goals for 2017.  Wishing you and yours all the best in the coming year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.