Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Welcoming in 2017 With Resolve




We had a nice and low-key New Year's Eve this year.  Hubby's new-ish job requires him to be available on New Year's Eve in case of emergency.  This made our large family New Year's Eve parties of the past not an option this year.

We were lucky enough to have our nephew and his partner come over for dinner, games, and some quiet conversation.  Hubby occasionally checked work status, but thankfully there were no emergencies.  We enjoyed a couple of rounds of the game "Escape" which is put out by Queen Games.  As someone who is non-competitive, I like this game because the whole group either wins or loses the game.  Teamwork is the key to winning this game.  It's also a timed game, so you know it won't go on and on.  We lost our first round as everyone was learning how it works and how to make get the teams working together for maximum game playing.  We won our second round with no problems as we seemed to have a system down.



I think the highlight of the evening was lighting the lanterns and sending them off into the air with our wishes for 2017.  The evening was chilly but not raining, so it seemed to work well for the lanterns.  We were surprised after we sent them off as to how high they went and how far we could see them go.  We lit them each one at a time.

On New Year's Day I came across an article about New Year's resolutions.  It was a reminder the a resolution is something you feel so strongly about that you have the "resolve" to accomplish it or make the changes necessary to help it happen.  It gave me pause to think about what it is I want to accomplish and what I will need to give up to make it happen this year.  I've earmarked a few things on my "To Do" list that really don't get me any closer to my goals.  Hopefully, I'll be seeing some of my goals getting accomplished more quickly.

I look forward to 2017 with a lot of excitement!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.