Wednesday, January 25, 2017

2017 Disney Oscar Nods and Quilt Updates

So the Oscar nominations for 2017 are in.  I'm glad to see a few Disney movies have received some Oscar nods this year.  The nominations are:


  • Dr. Strange:  One nomination:  1) Visual Effects
  • The Jungle Book:  One nomination:  1) Visual Effects
  • Moana:  Two nominations:  1) Original Song, "How Far I'll Go"; and 2) Animated Feature
  • Piper:  One nomination:  1)  Animated Short
  • Rogue One:  A Star Wars Story:   Two nominations:  1) Sound Mixing; and 2) Visual Effects
  • Zootopia:   One nomination:  1) Animated Feature


I've seen almost all of these films and believe each nomination is well deserved.  The only movie I feel is missing is Queen of Katwe.  By far, this was my favorite movie this year.  I'll be rooting for you Disney!

Now as far as progress goes, here is an update on my latest quilt top.  This was meant to be a quilt to use up some scraps.  But I love how the colors are coming together, so I'm having a hard time calling it a "scrap" quilt.

These are the blocks from Step 2 of the pattern.


And here are the blocks created in Step 3 of the pattern.


I have begun to put together the middle of the quilt.  I wasn't sure what to expect as my version is quite a bit different from the one in the magazine, but I am truly loving it so far.  Hopefully, I'll have a picture soon of the assembled quilt center.

Feel free to leave a message with your thoughts on which Disney movies you think deserve a nod and why (or anything quilt related).


No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.