Monday, February 6, 2017

Super Bowl, Pirates, and Quilts

So yesterday was the Super Bowl.  I have to admit, I watched very little of the game.  Had our Seahawks been playing, that might have been another story.  It would have been great had our Seahawks made it further in the playoffs.

During the Super Bowl, Disney debuted a few new movie trailers.  Among them was the trailer for "Pirates of the Caribbean:  Dead Men Tell No Tales".  I am a huge fan of the Pirates franchise.  I have been waiting to see a trailer for some time now.  In honor of the Pirates trailer, I have themed my update pictures with a pirate theme.  A big thanks to FranB Designs for her fun digital artwork that she allows me to use on my blog.  (Hint:  If you missed the trailer, you can find a link to it on the bottom of this post.)


The above picture represents a finish of Step 4 of my current quilt.  It is the completed center of the quilt.  I think I mentioned before that this was a "scrap" quilt.  I did try to coordinate the colors of the scraps and really like how it turned out.  I just have the borders to pop on.




Above is my Australian Square Dance quilt which has been tied and bound and is now completed and ready for donation.  You can see the cute Australian critters that were on the fabrics.

Now for the updates on my Tinkerbell cross stitch.  I actually finished stitching two more little sections on my piece.  Below are pictures of each of those updates.



If you happened to miss the "Pirates" trailer (or you just want to see it again), you can follow the link below to the official trailer on YouTube.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.