Sunday, February 19, 2017

Updates and Anticipating Food at the Flower & Garden Festival

Quilt Update

I finished the last step of the quilt I’ve been working on which basically entailed attaching the last border.  I really, really, really like how it turned out…especially the way the colors all worked together.  You can find a picture of that quilt below. 


My husband and I delivered four quilts to Project Linus on Saturday.  It was a nice way to kick off our date night.  The ladies oohed and awed over it while hubby and I checked out the sewing cabinets with the drop-in space for the sewing machine.  We’ve taken down the measurements for the cabinet, and I’m just not sure it would leave enough space in my sewing room for things like the ironing and cutting areas.  Maybe in our next house??? 

I’ve begun the planning process for the next two quilts.  I’ve had a hard time deciding on which to do next.  I’ve got a lot of stash to use up.  I really liked the colors of the last quilt, so I’ve got this Tinkerbell fabric in my stash.  I found a pattern I like that will use up some 2-1/2” strips from my stash.  Am I the only one that cuts up their remaining fabric after they finish a quilt into 10”, 5”, and 2-1/2” strips?  The quilt will be…get this…greens, blues, and maybe some purples…does that sound familiar? 

Below is a small picture of the Tinkerbell fabric. 


Stitching Update

I finished up two small sections on my Tinkerbell cross stitch.  I had taken a picture of the first update, but somehow my camera “lost” the picture.  I’m sure it couldn’t have been operator error.  Right?  You can see that update below. 


Disney Update

Hubby and I are getting excited for our next trip to Disney World.  People often associate Disney World with all the theme parks and rides.  While we do enjoy the rides, our vacations are much more relaxed these days.  We like to enjoy all the extra activities and entertainment.  Many of these things are free with your entrance ticket.  The one we’ll be enjoying this next trip is the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. 


I noticed that they’ve got the menus published for their “outdoor kitchens” (aka food kiosks) at the festival this year.  They’ve got a lot of new menu items that look tempting.  The following have caught my eye...

New this year is “The Berry Basket” outdoor kitchen.  Items of interest and making my mouth water are: 
  • ·         Lamb chop with Quinoa Salad and Blackberry Gastrique
  • ·         Field Greens with fresh Strawberries, Blue Cheese, Strawberry Vinaigrette, Spiced Pecans
  • ·         Warm Wild Berry Buckle with Pepperberry Sorbet/Ice Cream

Also a new this year is the “Northern Bloom” kiosk located in Canada.  Also things that caught my eye: 
  • ·         Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce, Whipped Potatoes, Garden Vegetables
  • ·         Naomi Bar Trifle

I’ll take one for the team and try them and report back to you.  Hoping to get lots and lots of pictures of my favorite things this year (of course that includes hubby).  Have I told you yet that Disney World is just as much for adults as children?  Just take some time away from the rides and enjoy all the extras the “World” has to offer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.