Monday, February 27, 2017

More Updates - 02/27/2017

It’s been a rollercoaster of weather here today…snow, sleet, hail, snow, hail, snow, sleet….all day long.  I made it out long enough to get my hair cut today.  But now I’ve heard that girls’ night has been canceled, so I’ll take the time to write another blog post and keep everyone updated as to where my projects are at. 

I’ve completed the second set of blocks for the Tinkerbell quilt.  I’ve switched some things up from my original plan.  I am still enjoying working on this one, but I just wish I had more time to work on it.  I know the next few weeks will be crazy busy, but I’ll be working on it whenever I get the chance.  You can see the next set of blocks below. 




Last night I spent some time designing some quilt patterns for my next quilt…the Captain America quilt.  I’ve got three designs so far that I am leaning towards.  They’re in 12-inch blocks with the center of the blocks being 6 inches.  The centers will be the Captain America fabric.  It’s a medium-sized print, so I wanted to be sure it would be large enough to show off Captain America. 

I’ve also finished another section of my Tinkerbell cross stitch.  This piece makes me smile every time I look at it.  You can see the latest update below. 


Yesterday, I got to have brunch with my niece.  She’ll be joining us midway through our upcoming trip to Florida.  She and I collaborated and made vacation plans while I savored my strawberry-rhubarb French toast.  I’m counting down the days and feeling like a little kid right before Christmas. 

My husband went to the Northwest Aviation Conference & Trade show on Sunday and spent the evening telling me about the things he saw and the people he met and talked to.  I think he had a bit of fun.  He said this is a picture of him and his next toy.  


Since I was catching up with the hubby last night, I didn’t watch the Oscars.  But I did see this morning that Disney won two Oscars last night.  Congratulations to Zootopia for Best Animated Picture and Jungle Book for Best Visual Effects.  

2 comments:

  1. I love Tinkerbell. Can you tell me who the designer is.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember who the designer is. I bought the pattern on Etsy about two years ago. I'll see if I can find the original digital pattern and get you more information. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.