Sunday, August 8, 2021

Stitching Friends Blog Hop 2021

Stitching Friends Blog Hop

I have been slowly returning to my hobby blog of cross stitch and quilting projects the past few months.  It has been great to see so many of my old blogging friends still around...and been making some new blogging friends.  

When I saw Jo at Serendipitous Stitching ask for people to participate in the Stitching Friends Blog Hop, I knew I wanted to participate.  I really enjoy getting to know my fellow bloggers.  

The assignment was to introduce the blogger that I was given.  And then choose a cross stitch design I thought they might enjoy.  

Here are a few fun clues about my blogger:  

  • She is from Germany.  
  • The name of her blog is an indication of things that she enjoys doing which include needlework, books and video games (to name a few).
  • She recently knit a pair of Hufflepuff socks for a friends she met in a Facebook group.  As someone who likes to think of herself as a Hufflepuff herself, I thought these were awesome!  
  • She likes to cross stitch pieces of different sizes, but as someone who enjoys full-coverage stitching, I think my favorites are her full-coverage pieces (especially the Darth Vader piece)
  • She began her blog back in December of 2013 while working on her Master's degree.  
  • In June of this year she finished a piece called "Age is Irrelevant" which I totally fell in love with.  
Here are a few pictures I took from her site:  

Hufflepuff Knit Socks


Age is Irrelevant

The designs that my blogger chooses to cross stitch are quite varied.  That made it difficult to choose just one piece I thought she would enjoy.  I finally chose "The Child" by Tilton Crafts.  It goes along with her Darth Vader stitching...and, of course, it does have a Disney connection.  LOL

Have you guessed yet who my stitching friend is?  You can visit her blog and see all her fun projects over at Needle, Pen & Sword!  

Thanks again to Jo for such a fun blog hop!  

Have a magical day!  
Andrea

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in The Stitching Friends Hop this summer. Love your clues and the great chart you chose for Leonore, I think she would appreciate that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! And thank you for coordinating this blog hop! I am enjoying getting reconnected with fellow stitching bloggers.

      Delete
  2. I like your choice of project for Leonore. I look forward to reading more of your blog possts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by and leaving a comment! I wish I had more time to stitch so I could update my blog more often. I do enjoy all my blogging stitching friends. -Andrea

      Delete
  3. Andrea: Nice post for this segment of Friends Blog Hop.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a lot of fun putting it together. -Andrea

      Delete
  4. Those elephants from Leonore could have been in the Jungle book Disney movie! Nice to visit you with this blog hop. I hope you enjoyed your portrait too. Amicalement. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. Those elephants most definitely could have come right out of the Jungle Book movie. Thanks for popping by and leaving a comment! Happy stitching! -Andrea

      Delete
  5. Yes, Leonore! The socks she's working on are going to be amazing.
    That would be an amazing piece to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! I am in love with those Hufflepuff socks. Thanks for popping by and leaving a comment. -Andrea

      Delete

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.