Sunday, August 27, 2017

Goofin' Off With a Mid-Summer Breather

We've officially passed the mid-summer point here in the Pacific Northwest. We don't measure the summer by school calendars here but by the weather. We generally have sunny weather June through September, so that's what I consider as summer.

If you've been following my blog much, you'll know that we've had a busy summer so far. I decided to take a breather and reflect on what we were doing a year ago before proceeding with the rest of the summer...(spoiler alert:  it involves a destination wedding).

I got to spend some time the past couple of days cutting up the strip sets for my Gingerbread Square Dance quilt. There were a lot of these little blocks, but it was so much quicker than if I had had to sew the strips on each individual block...

Cut Strip Sets for Gingerbread Square Dance

But, then again, now I have to add the strips to the sides of the blocks, so I did make some progress and got one of the sides sewn onto each of the blocks.

Side Strip Sewn to Gingerbread Square Dance Block

I decided it was also time to pull Mickey and Pirate Friends back out and do a little stitching on it. I made a little bit of progress on it. I am working towards a page finish for the chart at the moment.

Mickey and Pirate Friends as of 08/27/2017

As I was going through what was happening a year ago today, I came across these pictures and realized that it had been exactly one year since we had been to Disneyland. It was a great vacation with just me and my two boys. We called it our "first-class vacation." I had been setting aside money from each paycheck to upgrade this vacation.

Mrs. Goofin' Off and Goofin' Off, Jr. - First Class Lounge

I upgraded our seats to first class...which wasn't as expensive as one might think between Seattle and Disneyland. We all enjoyed the first class lounge and grabbed some breakfast while we waited for our flight.

Mr. Goofin' Off and I hunted down the infamous Club 33 doorway. One day...maybe one day...we'll get to eat here and check it off our Disney bucket list. For the time being, a picture will have to do. I've heard of people making vision boards of goals and dreams...maybe I should make one with this at the center. 

Mr. & Mrs. Goofin' Off Outside Club 33 - Somebody Please Let Us In

Mr. Goofin' Off and Goofin' Off, Jr., really enjoy their churros.  Imagine how thrilled they were when we encountered this churro cart. Six different flavors of churros. I don't remember which flavor was purchased, but I do remember it was enjoyed very, very much. 


Some people search out pictures of hidden Mickey's while they're at Disneyland. Not us. Mr. Goofin' Off is always looking for pictures of Goofy. We found one at the Disneyland Hotel. Maybe one day we'll eat here...another Disney bucket list item. 

Mr. Goofin' Off Found a Goofy to Take a Picture With

Going through these pictures has me thinking about vision boards. I had started one a while back and didn't get very far. Maybe it's time to get serious and put one together of just my Disney bucket list items...including Disney projects I'd like to do. Hmm...

Have you ever done a vision board? I'd love to hear if you have and if you have any pointers. The nine months of gray weather will be here soon, and anything I can do to brighten up my office/sewing room will help me through those months. 

Thank you for stopping by today! Please feel free to leave me a comment or send me a message. I consider you all my friends, and I always love hearing from you.

32 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Never heard of a vision board. Sounds interesting though. Love the quilt colors. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by today, Sherrie! A vision board is where you put up pictures and inspirational sayings and things of that nature that you'd like to accomplish and dream of having or doing. I've seen some very pretty ones. Of course, each one is different because it is specific to the person creating it. Have a great week! Andrea

      Delete
  2. I made a vision board many years ago, but it got moved when we were rearranging the house...just found it this last year. I am going to put it together again! Disney is a fun place. Thanks for sharing your quilt progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzanne, If you're thinking of making another vision board, that must mean you liked the one you had before. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note. Andrea

      Delete
  3. A fun vacation I am sure. I do not know about vision boards....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by today, Gracie! I guess if I get around to putting a vision board together, I'll have to post a picture. It's kind of like a board of inspiration and dreams. Have a great week! Andrea

      Delete
  4. I see some eyeballs! Have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Gotta love Goofy's eyeballs. They're almost as handsome as my husbands. Thanks for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete
  5. I've never made a vision board, but have considered it. The pirate ship in your last post looks really interesting and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note! Glad you enjoyed the pictures of the ship. It was a lot of fun to tour it. Have a great week! Andrea

      Delete
  6. I loved seeing your old Disneyland pics Andrea. I so want to go back someday. Nice progress on Mickey. Sure do wish I could find that chart.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, Keep your eyes out for the pattern. I know I found one on Etsy by the same artist but it was only Mickey and not the whole gang. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note! Andrea

      Delete
  7. What's a vision board? I feel I need to hear more about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A vision board is a board (or poster) where you put pictures of things you want to accomplish or do...or simply inspiration. Often people put motivational words or favorite quotes. Some people make a new one every year. Pinterest has some good examples if you search for "Vision Board Ideas". Thanks for dropping by! Happy stitching! Andrea

      Delete
  8. Lovely post today,how lucky to get to go to Disneyland it sounds amazing .
    Yes i have a vision board my 2 daughters have vision boards and my grandies have vision boards,they are fantastic ,hope your day is a good one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a note. I am starting to get excited about creating a vision board. I'll see if I can talk Mr. Goofin' Off into making me a base, and I can add to it. It's nice to see that others have created vision boards, too. Have a great week! Andrea

      Delete
  9. That Gingerbread Square dance quilt is looking so cute! BTW, what is Club 33?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Nancy! In a nutshell, Club 33 is a private club within Disneyland located in New Orleans Square. The wait list to join is decades long. The last I heard the initial fee to belong was $50,000 with annual fees of $15,000. You need to be a member or know a member to get a reservation to eat there. One of these days maybe I'll know someone with a membership. I certainly don't have the money to belong to the club, so I'll have to make friends with someone who belongs there. Thanks for asking. Have a great week! Andrea

      Delete
  10. Nope, not a vision board person. But I do weekly and yearly goals. But those are mostly quilting and other hand crafts. I'm hoping to get to Disney World in the next few years. We're waiting for the grands to grow up just a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie, I am sure you will have a great time when you get to Disney World with the grands. The key is to manage your expectations. If you ever have any questions regarding planning your trip, you know where to find me. Mr. Goofin' Off and I always have lots of tips and tricks when we visit. Thanks for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete
  11. I have never done a vision board. My husband and I took our children to Walt Disney World three times when they were young. Sadly, my now 26 year old daughter does not remember much of it. I had never heard of the 33 club until recently when a friend's daughter wrote an article about it. If you want more info on it here is the link. http://www.thisisinsider.com/club-33-in-disneyland-review-2017-8?utm_source=facebook&utm_content=top-bar&utm_term=desktop . Sadly there is a 14 year wait to get in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathie, Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out. Unfortunately, I am aware of the wait to get in...although I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford it even if I made the 14-year wait. I keep hoping one day I'll meet someone with a membership so I can eat there. Have a great day! Andrea

      Delete
  12. Looking forward to seeing your gingerbread quilt. Your stitching looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mearie! The gingerbread quilt is coming along nicely. Thanks for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete
  13. Looks like those are some wonderful memories to look back on. The Pirates look great and so far, so good on your Square Dance squares!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith! I am grateful for good memories with my family. They are keepers. Thanks for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete
  14. A little bit more of Goofy is beginning to emerge in your cross-stitch. It's such fun that your guys like Goofy more than Mickie.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's for dropping by and leaving a note. Yes, Goofy is our favorite Disney character because of how happy and, well, goofy he is. Have a great week! Andrea

      Delete
  15. Nice progress on Gingerbread and it's always nice to look back on past adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is nice to look back on past adventures. We've had some fun ones over the years. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a note. Andrea

      Delete
  16. Great progress with your quilt and your stitching piece. I've never done a vision board but I wish you lots of luck with yours. Great pics of your trip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, Thank you for the compliments. Thanks for dropping by! Andrea

      Delete

For the time being, all comments will require consent. I am trying to keep out any spam. Thank you for your patience.